Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it?
(10-31-2013, 07:41 PM)kandrathe Wrote: My younger sister is very close to me, and she's a vegetarian, atheist, scientist. Her son's idea of teen rebellion was to be a meat eater, and he joined the local Jewish congregation (mind you we're from a long lineage of Scandinavian protestants) with his friends. So, anyway, it seems the alfalfa sprouts are always greener in some one else's bowl. Or, maybe its just that we can make salads, but we can't make people eat them.

I personally have convinced several people of becoming vegetarian (or flexitarian). I am not some eco-whiner with hemp clothes. I like gourmet food, and think it helps my 'cause' if I order vegetarian in a starred restaurant. And I like my vegetarian food with a good wine.
My two sons eat some meat now and then, when their grandma is visiting or at the open market, and in school.
I will do anything I can to make them become real vegetarians, but I will not force them (that would contradict everything I always say about raising children religiously).

O and when I say accepted I mean by the serious scientific community. If you want to talk about the sense of buying eco-food produced on the other side of the world or the fact that eco-farming produces less per area etc. we can have a discussion. About vegetarian being more planet friendly than a comparable meat/fish diet this makes no sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blackfish documentary on CNN - anyone else watch it? - by eppie - 11-01-2013, 08:12 AM