Bourgeois economist basically admits that neo-classical economics is pseudoscience.
It isn't so much that it is or isnt unfalsifiable, untestable, or non-predictive (very clearly it does make predictions, however wrong they usually are, and indeed it is falsifiable as the last 30 or so years have demonstrated in spades), but that its premise is ideological in nature. For economists that use this framework, ideology generally trumps science. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, this is enough to discredit the theory or framework entirely.

Also soothsayer is a peculiar word to describe me. I don't think of myself as some social 'fortune teller'. I view myself as someone trying to understand and make sense of the world we live in, and the social/structural forces that drive and shape it. In my opinion, Marxism is an excellent, useful tool for doing this.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
re - by Hammerskjold - 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM
kyaa! - by Hammerskjold - 11-19-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Bourgeois economist basically admits that neo-classical economics is pseudoscience. - by FireIceTalon - 11-05-2013, 02:21 AM