Bourgeois economist basically admits that neo-classical economics is pseudoscience.
It has been my observation that economics tries to be a science. It isn't as good as chemistry on predictions, however.
(11-04-2013, 05:45 PM)LemmingofGlory Wrote: My understanding is that economists (and, incidentally, meteorologists) have the difficult job of attempting to create models of chaotic systems;
Aye. Part of the fun is that the weather (chaotic system), influences the economic (chaotic system. Wink The other way around? Not so much.
(11-05-2013, 08:03 AM)eppie Wrote: And usually this goal is the goal of western rich people.
That is you, eppie. To about 80% of the population of the planet, you are Western Rich. This Bud's for you, and this economy is for you. Cheers. Big Grin
(11-05-2013, 08:03 AM)eppie Wrote: (I am not an economist and don't read much literature so it might be that some nice work has been done on this)
That is obvious.
(11-05-2013, 08:19 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Nothing went wrong - booms and busts are an INHERENT feature of the capitalist system, as Marx accurately observed some 150 years ago.

And of non-capitalist systems based in agrarian economies. Weather has an influence on that, as does disease, and much else.
(11-05-2013, 10:48 PM)Jester Wrote: I don't think you have the first clue about economists or about climate scientists. You see what you want to see, and ignore the rest. -Jester
QFT
(11-05-2013, 10:52 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Woe is me, that was the ultimate rebuttal right there! Yep, I see the light now Rolleyes
Not lately.
(11-05-2013, 11:16 PM)Jester Wrote: You just equated the factual status of your opinion on neoclassical economics with the earth's orbit of the sun.
-Jester
No evidence of that poster listening to others, now not even to self. Broadcast mode only.

Maybe there's a nice band he'll listen to. Mojo Nixon, maybe?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
re - by Hammerskjold - 11-05-2013, 08:26 AM
kyaa! - by Hammerskjold - 11-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Bourgeois economist blah blah blah - by Occhidiangela - 11-06-2013, 12:21 AM