equipment farming frustration
Not a problem about the mapping thing. I don't take offense, and I completely understand.

I don't think it's too weird, that you have a choice of spells. I like Freezing Pulse, because I like that I don't have to try and gauge where I'm at to get good crit on it, and with targeting the way it is in PoE I don't feel I need to be as precise with it.

If I were you, if you had settled on ES, and Life I would try to start focusing on getting more gear with ES / Life on it, than some of the EV pieces you have right now. i know, that sometimes that's easier said than done, especially when you are playing exclusively self found.

I'm curious, what kind of Orbs are you sitting on? Mainly, Alch / Chaos. I would almost think if you have a fair amount, It might be worth it to take some time to visit vendors, and look for some ES gear to take a crack at crafting.

One of the things that I like about Power Charges, is the 2% Spell damage per power charge in the witch tree. It's not much, but I've noticed, especially with my build that I'm able to increase my spell power a fair bit pretty consistently with it.

I REALLY dislike the 6% all resist nodes. I don't know if I can bold caps lock enough. I'm a much bigger fan of the Templar / Shadow nodes that you can get that have ES / EV / Armour + Resists on them. It was specifically planned that I was able to pick up as many of those as I did in my witch's build. With my witch, I can completely take my shield off and still be capped. I like it, because it gives me a lot of flexibility in gearing, and when I look at a shield, I'm not having to stare at what kind of resists are on it, to make sure that I stay capped.

To me, the 6% nodes would only be worth it, if the nodes behind them had higher resists on them, or if the 6% nodes themselves had more resist on them. Even at 8% I would find them more intriguing as options as opposed to the 6% nodes.

I know that I don't have the most popular opinion amongst Lurkers on that ideology.

I'm curious if Taryn's Shiver (I think that's the name of it... the cold unique staff) is earmarked as "High Level Map Only" drop. That would be an absolutely amazing option for you. I'd probably find maelstrom staves to chance even, it would be that amazing for you.

Well, I'll put it out there again. You helped me with the wand. And I do greatly appreciate that. If you ever want that wand back, or if you have a need for a piece of gear, or gem, or whatever, please don't hesitate to ask. I know you don't have a problem with helping out other players, but I just want to say that if I ever have something that would help you, I would gladly reciprocate the favor. Without hesitation.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/536644

That's all the stuff I have in standard that is worth anything. If it's verified, I still have it.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright

Messages In This Thread
equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-19-2013, 04:32 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by shoju - 11-19-2013, 04:44 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-19-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by shoju - 11-19-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by Frag - 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by shoju - 11-19-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-20-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by Frag - 11-20-2013, 02:33 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-21-2013, 05:31 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by MonTy - 11-21-2013, 06:17 AM
RE: equipment farming frustration - by LochnarITB - 11-21-2013, 07:46 AM