So the Pope is a marxist.... (wait for it)
(12-06-2013, 05:02 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(12-05-2013, 05:41 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I'd start here. Pew "Nine-in-ten of the leaders (90%) reject the so-called prosperity gospel, the notion that God will grant wealth and good health to those who have enough faith."

The wording of the question is important. That's why I asked for a link to the survey.

[Image: SISM90k.png]

The part that matters is "doesn't always". If I were a snake oil salesman and wanted repeat business, I'd be sure to have some fine print that contained the wording "doesn't always". It sometimes does though, which is why you need to buy more of my snake oil.

The other part that strikes me as wrong is the linking of wealth and health as if they are one and the same. What if I believe that prosperity theology can give me wealth, but not health? How do I answer that question honestly?
The question was carefully worded to catch those who are PG adherents. The mainstream believe that bad things can happen to good people. The survey was given to religious people, so they'd be keyed into the buzz words.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So the Pope is a marxist.... (wait for it) - by kandrathe - 12-06-2013, 03:02 PM