Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Releasing this update is taking a little longer than I hoped, but I'm trying to test everything thoroughly before releasing it, and squeezing in a few more fixes and features at the end. I'm still aiming to release before the end of the month, maybe a few days into the next at most.

In particular I've been trying to eliminate the bug that causes other players to appear inside of solid walls if they come down a town portal that was opened just above a wall, but so far I've only managed to crash the descending player's game. If I can't resolve it within a week or two I will release anyway.

I did also spend all of my free time across 3 days trying to make the item outlines consistent to the item type on the map, in town, inventory etc., but it despite my best efforts it eludes me in most places, so for now that change will only work on the dungeon floors (where it matters most). It would be nice to see the types of items on the map too when Search is active, but for now at least it remains out of my reach.

(02-14-2015, 12:18 AM)hybridmoments Wrote: Belix. You are a genius. Your work is well appreciated by myself and many others. The experience bar alone is such a welcome addition!
Actually, an IQ test I took once informed me I am several points short of genius. Tongue Thank you for your kind words, though.

(02-14-2015, 12:18 AM)hybridmoments Wrote: How do you typically play Diablo? I mean, do you play multi with other people usually?
In case you lost track of it, I already answered this question where you first asked it over here:
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/threa...#pid211139

(02-14-2015, 12:18 AM)hybridmoments Wrote: I know there were uniques that were previously unobtainable in multiplayer for both Diablo and Hellfire. They can all drop now?
As far as I know, yes. Marsh made extensive changes to the qlvls of items and so far I've found many Unique items in Multiplayer that Jarulf's Guide stats cannot be dropped (on any difficulty, or the one I found it on). It does seem he did a very thorough job with it.

That doesn't say much, however, about how bad some of the unique items are in terms of usefulness. I'll probably be looking into that more in the next update. HF: Fixed made an effort to help Uniques out, but Marsh left them all at their default stats. I feel confident I can figure out ways to make some of the unique items better without making them unfairly powerful.

(02-21-2015, 07:57 PM)Slyrk Wrote: I attached the HIF files of my single player Armor of Gloom and Demon Plate Armor. Maybe you'll be able to confirm your theory with it.
Hi there. Thanks for the file, I will examine it soon and let you know what I learn from it.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 02-21-2015, 08:37 PM