Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Thank you very much for helping me out :-)

(07-06-2018, 06:49 AM)Belix Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 11:37 PM)Kunibert Wrote: How to restore the unique items to the desired (non optimized) state?
In single player, there are two ways you can trigger your Unique items to update according to your current settings:
1) Take your character into a New Game.
Okay, I will try this as I am still at the end of my 7th run and creating a table with my unique items (comparing default stats to actual shrined/oiled stats). Too bad this will ruin one of my Fool's Crests that I shrined up to +1AC. Maybe some savegame editor may help. Does there one exist that you would recommend?

(07-06-2018, 06:49 AM)Belix Wrote:
(07-04-2018, 11:37 PM)Kunibert Wrote: I also collected a huge stack of oils. I also disabled its "improved usability code". Do the oils now still work the improved usability way or do these work as in the original hellfire?
If I recall correctly, the effects of Oils were controlled by game code, not properties on the actual Oil items, so that change would take full effect immediately in your current game and they should now work as they originally did.
This is correct. Meanwhile I used some oils I collected when improved usability code was enabled. As the code is disabled now I experienced the oils work as intended.

kind regards

Kunibert

[EDIT:]
P.S.:

I never used Elixirs of Dexterity or of Magic but stashed it all, so my stash is messed up with stuff I neither want to use right now nor selling it (- I must own far more than 1,000,000 Gold now -) but sparing it for future charakters.
Because the number of items that can be placed in town is limited I cannot get all my stuff out of the stash and sort it after starting a new game, so if I want to take all my oils out (or all my potions in case of an Eldritch Shrine), I have to go to Gillian and navigate through
TAKE ITEM > MISC > OTHER
, keep Enter pressed until she says my Inventory is full or (sadly) I already "own this item". Then I have drop the desired items somewhere, return to Gillian, deposit the items I am actually not looking for and take the next set of "OTHER" items.
To make sure I get all of the desired items, I have to repeat this procedure until I took and deposited either my spectral elixirs or my auric amulets twice. (The good thing is: Items deposited at first are taken back at first.)
Also I placed many Scrolls of Town Portal in the first place and some Scrolls of Healing in the last place, the again after that some Town Portal scrolls. Each Time I want to take a healing scroll, I have to navigate through the whole list to take a single scroll. For the next scroll it is the same thing again.
Even worse: sometime your desired scroll is neither at the top, nor at the end of the list, so keeping the "page down" button hit is not the best choice.

Well, would it be possible to remove the limit of items placeable in town or to revise Gillians' menu? (Or even either?)
So it would be awesome for potions, scrolls, oils if these would only be listed once with the number of amount you deposited from each.

The tables demonstrate what I mean:

Actual (Belix' Hellfire v1.02.A5) situation:
Code:
[u]Position:_Item:[/u]
1____________Scroll of Town Portal
78___________Scroll of Town Portal
82___________something I want now
83___________something I want now
84___________Scroll of Town Portal
145__________something I also want now
(while the position is not listed but remembered by Gillian)

How it may be:
Code:
Position:_Item:____________________#stashed_#in Inventory[/u]
1_________Scroll of Town Portal____82_______1
2_________Scroll of Identification_12_______1
3_________Scroll of Search_________23_______1
4_________Scroll of Infravision____15_______1
5_________Scroll of Healing________30_______0
Then, when highlighting an item hitting the right cursor key moves one item from the stash to inventory while the left cursor key does contrary.

The same applied for "OTHER" items of course.

Err, I do not intend to seem greedy (while I am about to realize I am...), but another thing is:
While Armors in Gillian's Stash are well subclassified, Weapons are not.

There are just "Bows" and "Melee" Weapons, where from the latter again you can select either one handed or two handed weapons (which is a good thing). I own a nice collection of Life or Mana stealing/King's/speed/haste/penetrating weapons (and some even combining...) I do not want to sell, so if I want to take a specific Weapon out of the stash the navigation fun starts here too.
It would be awesome for collectors of magical weapons if the melee weapons could be grouped also as Axes, Maces, Staves and Swords.
[/EDIT]

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Kunibert - 07-06-2018, 09:34 AM