Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Wish I'd checked here sooner, heh. Still coming back to D1 from time to time, it's as good a time-waster as it ever was.

(04-23-2018, 06:28 PM)Belix Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 07:39 PM)DeusExCeteri Wrote: Thirdly, I've noticed that the Long War Bow is using a previously unused graphic to set it apart from the Long Battle Bow... is there any desire for other items that use the same artwork to be given new graphics? (Long Bow / Hunter's Bow, Sword / Short Sword, Plate Mail / Field Plate, etc)
I could make that an extra feature, but Diablo doesn't have a lot of unused item icons that would look fitting on base items, so it'd make the inventory start looking less classic and more moddish, if you know what I mean. Would have to start using graphics normally reserved for Unique items, or get new graphics (beyond the scope of this mod), and then there's the headache that the size of the graphic also determines how much space the item takes up in your inventory (HF:Fixed made some changes to stuff where items that only took up 1x3 slots became 2x3 etc. -- that annoyed me more than I cared about the graphic being distinct).

I don't personally consider the addition of a new graphic any more moddish than the use of an unused graphic -PROVIDED- that whatever new graphics are added do not stand out with an inconsistent art style. This is honestly a major reason that I've never been able to enjoy many D1 and D2 mods that add new items, enemies, objects, etc... very often what's added will have a strong visual dissonance because the modder simply picked something they found that looked cool to them.

I'd be willing to try my hand at a few new item graphics that maintain the original D1 style... provided you're okay with the idea and find the time for another big update. It's up to you though and I do understand the concerns you have about it.

-

Onto another topic, I was playing recently and noticed that when I save & reload while in the dungeon the game doesn't retain the Reflect spell if I have it active on my character. It's mostly just an annoyance than any sort of hindrance but I do find it a handy spell to have active for classes with lower max mana and it's screwed me over a few times that it doesn't stay active between loads - unlike Mana Shield.

Is this a known bug? Better yet, is it an easy fix? Confused

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by DeusExCeteri - 08-21-2018, 04:51 AM