Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
I'm nearly finished preparing the next version. I'm trying to spend a little more time testing first before tossing it up here. I've made some changes to the zip package I'll be uploading to (hopefully) make the mod playable immediately without dependencies on other downloads, and I want to verify the package works right away on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 at least with both the classic CD installation and the GOG version.

If I could I'd try to include everything all in one, but the author of IPXWrapper for example kindly asked people not to distribute his DLL files, so non-GOG players will still need to go download that on the side to get multiplayer working.

I also feel I should invest some effort into bringing the main post and included documentation up to date for clarity regarding downloads and installation. Some people didn't realize didn't need to make an account to get the mod if you used the mirrors instead of the main download, some were trying to run the Hellfire v1.01 patch (which is a 16-bit program and doesn't run on 64-bit operating systems, and isn't needed to use this anyway), and having to go download Marsh's seemingly abandoned project on the side and change some of its default settings was a lot of extra work. I'll be doing my best to streamline and simplify everything. I want anyone to be able to enjoy this without having to jump through any unnecessary hoops or know any advanced computer wizardry.

(09-08-2019, 01:12 PM)wkd1 Wrote: I would like to see the Search spell automatically turned on at all times.
I think several people suggested this, and I was originally hesitant to implement such a change since it essentially ruins the Search spell (which, I might add, is also the Monk's innate skill), but since this modpatch is all about expanding user options and features I decided to implement it.

The simplest way was to attach the Search spell behavior to the Automap being enabled. Ideally I'd want to write a way to hold ALT like Diablo II, but I'm not yet experienced enough to know how to write new assembly into the Hellfire executable to test key states.

So this will be included as an option in the next release, but if you'd like to implement it immediately, here's the memory patch to drop into the .dat file:

Code:
start HF1.01 "Map On = Search On"
46831D 803D38E76E0001 803DA8074D0001
4021DB 803D38E76E0000 803DA8074D0000
end

(10-04-2019, 02:29 AM)moneybags131313@gmail.com Wrote: But anyways, thank you again and do you except donations at all?
You're welcome! I love this old game and I know I'm not the only one. I often find myself wishing someone would fix/improve stuff wrong with some of my old favorite games, and found myself in a position to BE that person for others, so I chose this game!

I've never had anyone inquire or offer donations before. I'm flattered. However, I'm currently dedicating very little time to this endeavor and unless that changes to a point I'm making large and complex changes again and actively fulfilling user requests, I don't feel accepting anyone's money would be justified. For now, maybe hang on to it or toss it at someone else doing something you think is awesome. Thanks though. Smile

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 10-09-2019, 02:52 PM