Facebook buys Oculs VR for $2-Bilion
The next wave of gadgetry and PAN - personal area network. For example, when I get into my car an app synchronizes my cars computer with my iPhone. When I get a call, the phone knows to turn it over the the car's built in hands free. When I want to make a call, I talk to the car and let it know who I want to call. Google glass, or Oculus Rift are extensions to sensory augmentation. PAN aware watches are also emerging. Computation and data is moving more and more into the "cloud", and our personal devices are forming more of the interface layer.

Facebook, as well as many other big tech companies, don't want to caught without a chair when desktop computer music stops playing. Really, consumer available VR is in its infancy, we gamers have a little more concept of what may be possible outside of high action FPS. Even if it's just hitting the exercise bike with a VR of a pleasant summer trek on a bike trail. At this point, the waters of consumer VR applications seem deep and fathomless. Instead of just listening to your favorite artist on your iPod, imagine slipping on the VR glasses and being transported to the front row, without the 2nd buzz. That augmentation is at your own discretion depending on the laws in the state where you live...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Facebook buys Oculs VR for $2-Bilion - by Taem - 03-26-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Facebook buys Oculs VR for $2-Bilion - by kandrathe - 03-27-2014, 03:03 PM