New blow to the US Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
(07-28-2014, 02:24 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I believe in a world where wishes are fishes and pigs can fly, the ACA would make things more affordable. How can it?

I believe as Nate Silver commented during the political sausage-making festival that preceded the ACA passing, the logic is very Lewis Caroll: Because of the right's utter unwillingness to accept state-run health care, the bill that ended up being passed was surprisingly good at acheiving left-wing goals (increasing coverage, more equitable distribution) and surprisingly poor at right-wing ones (controlling costs).

A strange brew. Not the law I would have passed, but politics is the art of the possible.

Quote:It still doesn't address the most glaring flaw in the US system, which is that when you lose your job, you lose your health insurance until you are re-employed.

Really? I thought the whole idea was to create exchanges where low-cost insurance plans that could not discriminate on the basis of pre-existing conditions would be availabe for everyone. Is that not what happened?

-Jester

Messages In This Thread
RE: New blow to the US Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). - by Jester - 07-28-2014, 05:17 PM