New blow to the US Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
(07-29-2014, 04:01 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Again, I think it is too early to understand completely. Some people may find opportunities to start new ventures, however most new ventures will require some capitalization which would be difficult without years of savings and some luck. Most successful entrepreneurs succeed in spite of under-capitalization, through convincing investors to take risks to back their ventures. If $5000 or so needed per year for health insurance is holding them back, it is not likely they would succeed. Also, in the CBO estimates, if you are self-employed (new venture), you still need to file taxes (quarterly) and would be counted as in the labor market.

I think you're overlooking a significant if not larger segment, those for whom affordability is not the barrier, but pre-existing conditions.

Quote:More likely is that there are a number of people who are employed only for the benefit of affordable health insurance. If you remove the necessity to work, they will choose to not work increasing the number of people supported by government programs.

Hm, these people are working more for the health insurance than the job, so we're replacing them with more motivated and productive workers? Gosh, that helps drain the pool of involuntarily unemployed, gets people off the government assistance programs, and boosts the economy all 'round. Sounds like a win to me!
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla

Messages In This Thread
RE: New blow to the US Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). - by Bun-Bun - 07-30-2014, 01:55 AM