A study on the benefits of video games
(08-22-2014, 02:30 PM)kandrathe Wrote: There is this form of "treatment" called play therapy as described here;

“Can I Kill You Again Today?”: The Psychoanalysis of Player Modes
by therapist Mike Langlois

I wonder what they'd make of me.

Interesting article, but I am a fan of most of gamasutra stuff anyway.

I think there is a bit of a difference though, that article seems to be talking about someone playing in the sense of sandbox, single player, creating \ re-creating some sort of narrative.

I would agree that out of context, and reading too much into something like that is counter productive, and asking 'so what happens next' is way better than ,'omg there's bad stuff in your story!111' kind of over reaction.

I was thinking more along the lines of multi-player (traditional or video games), or even some simulated NPCs that can fool the player or at least give them serious pause on whether other characters has a human or 'bot' behind them.

Short version, I think someone's interaction with other players (and it's rules) in a game may give some sort of insight, though certainly not a 100% accurate rorscharh test. Then again if someone repeatedly flips the monopoly board in anger when the game don't go their way, that might be a subtle signal that player has anger issues. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: A study on the benefits of video games - by Hammerskjold - 08-25-2014, 08:03 PM