New games I wish were worth getting...
(10-29-2014, 08:56 AM)Jester Wrote: Civilization: Beyond Earth.

I've been waiting for a sequel to Alpha Centauri for 15 years. Something that preserved everything I loved about the game - the rich, encylopaedic homage to classic science fiction, the bold history-of-the-future speculation, the brilliant creation of seven distinct and coherent ideologies and leaders, the mountains and mountains of flavour text - and taught the AI how to play the game, and maybe streamlined some of the clunkier interface issues.

Instead we apparently got Civ5 in space. Anyone want to recommend this? Because it looks bland as oatmeal.

-Jester
This is good to know. One of my sons is keen on getting it, and I'm sort of so-so.

My older son bought "Sins of a Solar Empire" and I've tried my best to play it a few times in a small system against 1 AI opponent, which with pirates means you are against two opponents. Maybe it's me, but I just continually eventually get my rear handed to me fighting off both the pirates and the enemy. I think offenses are better than defenses, so it is easy to take away territory but nearly impossible to hang on to it, while also researching, growing and expanding.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: New games I wish were worth getting... - by kandrathe - 10-29-2014, 03:15 PM