Ridiculously Useful Garrison Guide
(11-12-2014, 10:37 AM)NiteFox Wrote: Why did I suddenly decide to come back for WoD, even though I said I wouldn't?

Um, okay; let's see what would work for my main character. Solo and guildless Tauren Hunter. Leatherworker/Skinner.

Naturally the no-brain option for small buildings would be Tannery, Salvage Yard, and Storehouse, yes? Or am I misreading things and having profession buildings allows you to craft a good chunk of of that profession's items while withholding the best-in-profession recipes for anyone not competent in that profession? If so, I'd probably swap the Storehouse for... something else.

Medium: Not actually a full-on raider. I mean, I'll probably do LFR at endgame, but being guildless I won't actually be raiding the bleeding edge. I do PvP a fair chunk, so the Gladiator's Sanctum is appealing, but I'm torn between the Inn and Trading Post. Wait, the Barn actually has some LW synergy too. Damn.

Large: Stables. So. Very. Useful. Spirit Lodge and Goblin Workshop don't seem useful at all, so I'll probably go with the War Mill and maybe switch to Barracks (If that's possible) once I've exhausted questing.

Ugh, why did I only find out about this now?
I've read that you can switch them, if you know the plans. You'd lose your investment of gold and GR into that building, of course.

A building in your profession will allow you to build more of that profession, and get the special plans/recipes. But, for example an enchanter building will let you give work orders on making enchantments, which you can use to sell (not), or upgrade your gear too. My three level 90's cover Alchemy/Herbs, LW/Tailor, Engineering/Mining. But, also, the Rumsfeld rule applies: I don't know what I don't know. There may be reasons I don't know about yet to do things entirely different.
  • My main has Alchemy, and herbs, so for her Alchemy, and one other... possibly a storehouse to begin with to allow for more simultaneous work orders. Then, as you suggest, change out later once more alts are up to speed with higher level buildings. For medium, I guess trading post (I don't like rep grind) and Inn to start with, and for large it would be stables and barracks -- I think if you are a regular raider then the Bunker/War Mill and salvage yard make some sense.

• My LW/Tailor will take the small tannery/tailoring, for medium a barn, and trading post or lumber mill; for large a barracks and stables or mage tower.

• My Engineer/miner will take the Engy works, storehouse or Gem/Scribe for the gold and stuff; for medium, inn and lumber mill; for large, gnomish gearworks, and barracks or stable I guess.

Mage Tower/Spirit Lodge may be interesting depending on the utility of the one way waygates. It also seems to enable a RNG proc of Rune of Power for 30 sec when you are fighting (every 60-120 seconds) increasing your critical strike by 100%. This might matter now that CRIT has changed in WOD - especially for some classes, like Fire Mage, where crit is 2nd only to their primary stat.

At least one char will have a trading post as long as I'm rep grinding on any character, which for me will probably be until the next expansion.

It might make sense for even non-PVP chars to get the Gladiators Sanctum for the buffs (1) OOC regen, 2) safe fall, 3) hard to kill). You can't get the level 3 blueprints without 4000 bones (~900 HK's). You need 50 broken bones (3-6 per PVP honorable kill) to unlock a quest line to get the title "Warlord of Draenor", and Nemesis titles for every race (aka. the coveted "Gnomebane"). If I were into PvP, the Gladiators Sanctum looks like it might be fun, esp. on a PvP server.

I'm interested in the the guild garrison interaction and the garrison invasion mechanics -- "Though followers are great for solo play, the system also has multiplayer elements. When you dispatch a party of your followers on certain missions, you’ll also be able to join forces with your guildmates’ followers, even if your guildmate is offline."

Here is a link, just cuz I can; http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/2014...g-for-wod/

So a Tauren warrior comes into the bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender asks, "Where did you get that?" "Mulgore", replied the parrot.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Ridiculously Useful Garrison Guide - by Bolty - 11-12-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Ridiculously Useful Garrison Guide - by kandrathe - 11-12-2014, 09:43 PM