New computer build time? Or hold off?
(02-04-2015, 04:40 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Yeah, I have no urge to upgrade from 1080p anytime soon. I might be convinced to go from my current 24" Samsung to a 27" in the future, but I just don't see the need for 4k and beyond.

IMO, the real difference is in the hertz. I see a HUGE difference between those 60hz screens (including plasmas claiming to be 600hz but are really ten-60hz sections) and 120hz screens, however I don't see much of a difference between 240hz and 120hz. But like I said, the difference is astounding, so much so I'd say it easily tripled my beauty and overall aesthetics of everything on screen, making blue ray movies look so real it's intense! From what I've seen, 4k television are beautiful, but all the sets I've seen in BestBuy, Fry's, and Costco are only slightly more noticeable in resolution than a 240hz 1080p set. I'd say a 4k tv at 240hz displaying true 4k media would be astounding, but I've never seen it...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
New computer build time? Or hold off? - by DeeBye - 12-06-2014, 04:08 AM
RE: New computer build time? Or hold off? - by Taem - 02-04-2015, 05:43 AM