US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
Rainbow 
(06-29-2015, 05:09 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Actually no offense, but I'm afraid it is YOU that has the counter-intuitive and myopic view of society, my friend: You want to separate a decision made through the bourgeois legal system from the totality of bourgeois historical rule, which is just laughable. This leads to a short-sighted view and analysis where you cannot see the forest through the trees, and thus why bourgeois idealism always fails and comes up short in its explanatory power, leading to a complete distorted or even vulgar view of the actual social conditions (whether it is of the "left" or "right" variety, it makes no difference).

HAHAHA! "No u"! Oh man, all this jargon is like if tumblr was communist instead of social justice butthurt. It still smacks of "I spend all day stewing in my own juices." I really don't know where all of your assumptions come from when what you've seen of my perspective is rather minute, but then I don't see the need to go on world-building diatribes in every thread.

Quote: My point was/is, is that this decision will NOT change the structural dynamic of homophobia under bourgeois rule - just as the Civil Rights Movement didn't (and couldn't) end racism (and as a matter of fact, it can be argued that America is even more racist now than it was back then, but that's another topic).

This is a point that no one would argue. Why do you think it's profound? It is abundantly clear to everyone, most especially LGBT people, that marriage isn't the end-all.

Quote: It is completely folly and idealistic to think that homosexuals can ever have the same social legitimacy as heterosexuals under capitalist social relations.

This is the funniest line you've ever written.

Quote:Yes, this decision is a victory, but again, it only ends the LEGAL basis for the justification of homophobia, not homophobia itself. Heterosexuality is STILL the default position on sexual relations in bourgeois society, and will be so long as capitalism exists - regardless of what idealist, bullshit hippie liberal views of "culture" you may have.

No, wait, this is funnier.

Quote:Sorry if I am not jumping up and down and screaming with joy like most liberal idiots are now who now naively think that gays and lesbians will have equal footing in society.

This is what I said about your problems with theory of mind, man. Your perception of what people are thinking is biased toward your own view that everyone is a clueless moron.

Quote:As capital develops more globally, the dominant ruling class ideologies become more cosmopolitan, socially liberal and inclusive. While being less likely to be religious, racist, and nationalist. Because they MUST, in order to justify their class rule. But this has nothing to do with capitalism becoming a nicer, more benevolent system - far from it. This process will become more apparent as older, more conservative generations die off and the capitalist class is replaced by younger and more libertarian rightist types.

You're just a big red sandwich board, aren't ya?

Quote:Lastly, regarding Transgenders, the discrimination they face goes beyond sexual orientation, which this law does not (and cannot) address.

Of course it does, but you seemed to be baffled that they would benefit whatsoever. Durr.

Quote:Cute. (presumptuous) stereotypes against people with large beards as people who presumably sit at a computer all day and never go outside, to summarize your rosy facebook liberal nonsense. Just like if all poor people work harder, they will better their unfortunate circumstances, right?

I don't think you understand what the term "neckbeard" means. Also, your insults don't work together.

Quote: Actually, I shave pretty regularly. Especially during times of the year when it is reaching triple digits outside like now. So your little discriminatory stereotype (that doesn't even apply to me anyways) only serves to make you look like a dumbass. I would expect nothing less from a clueless, utopian liberal who just got backed into a corner, though.

To be so refuted by your regular shaving truly cuts me to the quick. I am slain. *actually literally dies, in much the same way that the term neckbeard was abundantly literal*

I bet you're fun at parties.

-Lem

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by LemmingofGlory - 06-29-2015, 07:48 PM