US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
Rainbow 
(06-29-2015, 08:39 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Indeed, you haven't provided much perspective to the whole situation, which is precisely my point Smile. The little perspective you have provided, is faulty and misguided at best. If you don't like people calling you out on bullshit, then here's a word of advice: don't spew (or in this case type) bullshit. Rolleyes

I noted that you made a strawman out of me and you now claim your purpose was to indicate that I hadn't built up my "argument" to the same extent that you have? Yeah, no.

I honestly don't feel as if you've "called me" on anything so much as you've said the exact same thing you say in every thread, regardless of whether it's about politics or peanut butter sandwiches. Absolutely everything that comes out of your mouth must relate to your pet obsession whether or not you demonstrate an ignorance of the topic under discussion, in which you may ignore details as meaningless since you understand the puppetry of the system.

Quote:Perhaps it is in your little bourgeois civil rights utopia where all the jargon and 'world-building' is taking place. Liberals love capitalism with rainbows and unicorns, afterall.

Do you know the reason tumblr social justice folk have such trouble promoting their causes? It's for this very reason: you can't evoke social change by treating everyone as opponents. For as much as you talk about changing the system, this perception of yours that labels people you talk to with "liberal" and "conservative" (said as slurs, evidently) and turns them into nemeses is divisive.

Quote:What? I don't see the oppression and treatment of a sector of society as second class citizens being funny in the least. Scoffing at the truth is going to get you nowhere, except make you look elitist (as liberals tend to do to themselves) and out of touch, which you clearly are.

Here's the thing: when you admit you know little of my perspective, why would you ascribe my laughing as "scoffing"? It was much heartier than that, actually! The thing about it is, I find crackpots incredibly hilarious, and I'm pretty sure that's what you are. Your entire world revolves around one significant idea, you require no additional details, and everyone else is a "them" for not ascribing to it. It's magnificent what you manage to say sometimes.

Quote: Maybe. But it is more than can be said for what you have brought to the picnic thus far.

Does anyone ever bring anything to the table that you didn't bring yourself? You're like a sack lunch at a potluck.

For example, kandrathe said some pretty funny things! Some of the more fun things in the thread so far. I would like there to be more fun things.

For instance, did you guys see Entertainment Weekly's rainbow twitter icon?

How did they not catch this?!

Meanwhile, it's come to light that my county's probate judge will (evidently begrudgingly) issue marriages licenses but has declined to continue performing ceremonies for anyone. To me, this seems like a flagrant unwillingness to do his fucking job. It's outright unprofessional. If you're a public servant, you serve the public. You don't get to decide to have fewer duties than other probate judges because you might have to marry some gay people, and you happen to find that gross. Grow up.

And then there's Texas level insane: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/2...0F20150629

To tell county clerks that they need not do their job when it comes to gay couples is (once again) unprofessional, discriminatory, and just wrong. I want to see an Onion article along the lines of "Texas attorney general tells Jewish and Muslim grocery store cashiers they may refuse to sell pork products."

-Lem

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by LemmingofGlory - 06-30-2015, 05:53 AM