US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
(07-01-2015, 06:04 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: So, you were lying about your wages in the Hillary thread? I'd expect nothing less from a right-winged libertarian douche bag. You said this in a post, quote un quote:

Quote:For me, with my experience and skills, I do computational analysis for an hour and they give me $50.

Way to put your foot in your mouth, idiot. So either you are lying, or you suffer from short-term memory loss, or you (mistakenly) thought I wouldn't have the wits to recall that post. Which is it? Regardless, this is an L for you.
It's a range of pay where $50 is the top end. With this, as with the remainder of your post you just make lots of assumptions, and reflect your character, not mine.

Quote:At least I dont worship authors who romanticize the raping of 12 year old girls
You keep attempting to re-harvest this nut, even though
  • I do not worship Ayn Rand,
  • you made up some fantasy to justify your derision of me,
  • you have bought into the discrediting narrative of her interest in William Hickman,
  • but, yes, I have read and have seen her works in film, along with millions, upon millions of other people,
  • I've read many more loathsome authors.
The bottom line is; we've never discussed her works, including her philosophy, so you really have no idea how I feel about Ayn Rand, or her works.

BUT, in the context of this thread, libertarians (and I would posit Objectivists) in philosophy are in favor of the "State" applying equal protection to all people, gay and straight alike. While we don't like in principle social welfare programs, it would be wrong for the government to discriminate against certain groups who may receive it. I am against the government approving or denying marriages in general, or any other personal relationship between adults. I don't think we should be benefited or taxed differently for having a relationship.

Quote:Probably this post will get me banned.
I think you've danced on that line from the beginning.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by kandrathe - 07-01-2015, 06:50 PM