US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
It was interesting seeing the reaction of the Republican presidential candidates to the Supreme Court ruling. It varied from "well, that's the decision, let's live with it and move forward" to "vote for me and I'll champion a Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage."

The former are pretty clearly politicians who had to oppose gay marriage to pander to their voter base, and are likely pretty happy the decision has been finalized so they didn't have to make it a platform issue. The latter are the prototypical homophobic fear-mongerers.

I think it's been pointed out in this thread even that the decision actually helps the GOP. Since polls show that the majority of Americans now actually support gay marriage*, the Republicans stood to lose out by continuing to make it a high-priority issue. Now they can drop it.

*citation needed but I'm too lazy
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by Bolty - 07-06-2015, 12:54 PM