US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
(07-07-2015, 06:46 AM)LemmingofGlory Wrote: The elephant in the room, for me, is the question: Why don't you parse indirect language? Idiomatic language, analogy, and jokes evoke serious responses instead of responses that evidence your ability to grok what's being said. It's kind of a big deal for you because you waste a lot of breath "rebutting" statements that you clearly did not understand. Do you actually have a difficulty with that kind of indirect use of language? If you do, it's not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but someone like me for whom delivery is often playful and silly is going to be difficult for you to read. I wouldn't mention it except that the thread was going fine again, and then you re-emerged as salty and sandpapery as ever.

What if that is indeed the case Lemming?

If the answer is no, then probably much doesn't change: to you guys I would just be another Marxist crackpot that has no clue what he is talking about, I disagree, and life goes on as normal, right? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

But what if the answer is yes, then what? Would I (or better yet should I) admit to this (whatever the reasons for such misunderstandings may be), and risk facing possible discrimination or being shunned because of said reasons? If there are reasons for me not understanding this type of language easily, I certainly would not be ashamed of that reason(s). However, at the same time, I doubt I would ever be comfortable or trusting enough of anyone here to share or express that information should that be the case.

Quote:Do note that my claim that you come off as a crackpot was supported by examples of your behavior over time, and yours only. It's also strengthened by the edit you made to your last post where you rebutted Bolty for moderating you.

Not much going on this week with the thread's primary topic! kandrathe, I think you were pretty much spot on in your last post.

-Lem

Let me ask you a serious question here, and I want you to be completely honest here, if I held more mainstream, acceptable, less radical views, would you still consider me a "crackpot"? Is anyone with a Marxist (or any radical viewpoint in general, for that matter) automatically a crackpot in your eyes? Ok, that was two questions, but I am truly curios.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by FireIceTalon - 07-07-2015, 07:18 AM