US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
Rainbow 
Alright, more news articles about resistance to enforcing the ruling. Evidently southern states were all about trying to resist enforcing Loving v. Virginia, which legalized interracial marriages.

AP Wrote:Today, five decades later, interracial marriages are roundly accepted and universally enforced. But the complex collision of religious conviction and gay rights might prove more impervious to change.

This sounds like news-y speculation to me, almost to make the story sound juicier and more nebulous than it is. But generally speaking, religion usually finds that it survives in the modern era by adapting as individuals begin cherry-picking which rules are big enough to make a pious little stink about. For something like same-sex marriage that doesn't actually affect anyone except people with homosexual inclination, it's going to be pretty difficult to stay worked up about it long term. The current polling data, which I believe kandrathe linked, even shows that the opinion on this is significantly different between age groups. As salty old people die off the subsequent generations just won't care.

(07-09-2015, 01:01 PM)Bolty Wrote: It's another way of saying "if you feed the trolls, they get fed."

I generally consider trolls to be self-aware, but that's just semantics.

~Lem

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by LemmingofGlory - 07-13-2015, 06:25 AM