US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage
(07-15-2015, 12:27 AM)FireIce Wrote: It has to be admitted, reading your drivel is entertaining at times, if for a rather short period. I would read one of your posts for the same reasons one might watch Fox News for instance - it's for pure comedy relief.

My, such projection, you should consider renting that ability out. Imax can use the competition.

Still no blazing insight yet from such a radical Galileo tier thinker though on the example that the US 14th amendments brought up? Any rad and tubularific idea on how to deal with real unintended consequences even well intentioned laws can bring up?

Quote:Considering you take the time to post underhanded jabs about me in almost every political thread on this board (whether I post in it or not), I'd say a good portion of your thought process involves me in some way.

Didn't you say I'm on the exclusive ignore list, for the X amount of time now, this is it etc etc double triple quad secret probation. Yet you're still obviously reading and replying to my posts. Even when you say I'm on the super serious for real this time ignore list. Promises promises.

Quote:Can't say I am flattered though. As the saying goes, get off my jock! Smile

Do you really understand what the meanings of sayings and idioms are? So far you have been literal to the point of people wondering if you have a learning or reading impairment. Which as LoG said, there is no shame in admitting such a thing. It would clear up quite a lot of things. Not everything, but quite, a. Lot.

LemmingofGlory Wrote:The one thing I've never understood is that if corporations are people then would denying a start-up business loan be the equivalent of contraception or an abortion? And I feel like Hobby Lobby would get upset if I asked them.

Hahaha, that might be worth paying a lawyer's fee just to get them to ask that. Levity aside, it's one of those things that affects not only the U.S., since many large corporations are multinational. I mean if we want to bring in finance into this, just look up "Double Irish with a Dutch sandwich". Sadly not a delicious special coffee and sandwich combo.

LemmingofGlory Wrote:And, erf, yeah! I did let my inbox fill up with all those notes we pass about when senpai will notice us, desu~

Kyaaa!

[Image: goblin-shark-622x363_zpsb8352ee7.jpg]

Thenry Wrote:@The Antique Popsickle & The Agent - a brief comment on the 14th amendment. Were it not for that amendment the Bill of Rights would be nothing but a paper wall. States would be free to do as they pleased consistent, of course, with their respective constitutions and statutes.

Awright, someone with experience weighing in on the matter. So is one of the key, if not -the- key issue with 14th amendment is the general agreement and trust that makes the structure of the US bill of rights? Take away one keystone, and the whole thing can be in danger of collapse?

I'm not a lawyer here, I'm just very interested in the legal angle of how the 14th seemed to shape a lot of the contemporary world.

Messages In This Thread
RE: US Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage - by Hammerskjold - 07-15-2015, 02:18 AM