San Bernadino Terrorism and Radicalization
(12-12-2015, 10:34 PM)Taem Wrote: Sorry, I didn't read most of that. I read the first couple of paagraphs and realized you completely missed the part about the actual dictionary definition of racism that explicitly states over and over racism IS WHERE ONE RACE CLAIMS SUPERIORITY TO ANOTHER

I'm sure you didn't read it, cause you know your view is complete shit, untenable and you didn't want to read anything that inconveniently challenges it.

I glossed over the dictionary part on purpose because it wasn't worthy of address, but since you insist.....

I didn't miss anything. Unlike you, I know very well that the dictionary definiton of ANYTHING, especially a social process as complex as racism, is far from being a credible source to define what is real and what isn't. Or what is accurate and what isn't. Dictionaries are almost entirely perspective and tell people how they SHOULD think, rather then encouraging them to think critically about how things ACTUALLY are.

Specifically, the dictionary is based entirely on the English language alone and almost certainly written by rich and powerful western white men - men who have their own "opinion" and bias and use it to control how language is implemented and expressed in society. It is a document that is rooted in elitism, privilege and is ideologically driven, not objectively. Most of the words in it regarding anything in a political or social context are described/defined in such a ways to spark a certain reaction upon seeing or hearing them, rather than being based around any logical premise that seeks to understand the world.

It is a piss poor, abstract source to use when debating a topic like racism (or any form of discrimination period), but you lack the ability to think critically (or you fear that doing so would lead to the logical conclusion of your view being untenable) about social issues so you using it to back your argument hardly comes as a surprise, laughable as it may be. "The dictionary defintion says this, so it must be so!!!!". Learn to think critically.

EDIT: This whole dictionary argument you are using got me to thinking about that one scene in Malcolm X (Denzel Washington, 1992) which perfectly shows why using the dictionary to back any argument, especially one about racism, is utterly useless.

Quote:apparently that went completely over your head and you enjoy making up your own definitions, as does the media.

I don't make up my own definitions of anything, I simply call them for what they actually are. It is you and your trusty, all knowing white-man written dictionary who are guilty of this.

Quote:You share something in common with the media trolls trying to drudge up a $tory, and actually, you make a pretty solid case actually about the types of people I was referring to, who fuck everything up for everyone else who isn't either super excitable wanting to point the race card wherever applicable, or is an actual racist.

So now, you will resort to irrational thinking and conspiracy theories to make your point. But you see, unlike the media, I don't have anything to gain by drudging up any story. You got it all wrong there. The media creates stories and narratives, I observe real world facts and critique the said narratives and stories made by said media. Ironically, it is you who who buys into the medias stories since you continously parrot them. You are one of those people who thinks he knows how to think critically just because he distrusts the media, but then believes everything he reads on crap like Facebook, youtube and the like, or everything that comes out of a politicians mouth.

I fuck everything up?? Pfft. No, racists like yourself are why the world sucks; and people like me are tired of having to unravel the obfuscation that your shit infested narratives help to perpetuate. It took over 200 years for America to end slavery for this very reason. Your quack conspiracy theories are not the least bit entertaining. You are probably a Meninist too, aren't you? Fucking troll.

Quote:Normal people don't react that way you did, and it's a prime example of how YOU of all people have fallen victim to a belief this country needs more political corrective actions to the point you can't even look in the direction of another race without being called a racist.

And thank fuck for that, since I never referred to myself as a "normal" person. I'm sure most racists consider their view to be the norm, so if thats the case, I want no parts of being "normal". Confronting racism and calling it out isn't being "politically correct", it is simply what any decent human being does in the face of oppressive, anti-human ideologies like racism. You, contrarily, have fallen victim to the right-wing blow hards who trumpet that anyone calling someone out for their discriminatory views is just political correctness/cultural Marxism gone wild. Your post only helps to verify that the concept of political correctness is a pejorative that people with discriminatory views use to shield themselves when they get called out. Most decent (note, I said decent, and not normal) human beings would react pretty similar to how I did, since discrimination of any kind is absolutely abhorrent, needs to challenged, and relentlessly so.

Further, I take offense to the fact that YOU, a white priviledged male - someone who doesn't belong to a marginalized group and therefore has no idea what it is like to genuinely be racially discriminated against (whether institutionally or on a daily basis) - is trying to say what racism is or isnt. You have absolutly no right to this. None, whatesoever. You should stfu before you make yourself look any more ridiculous cause your word on this matter is worth less than zero.

Then on top of that, you have the nerve to play the victim by saying you can't even look in the direction of another person w/o being called a racist. Do you actually read the shit you post?? You get called a racist because you are one, pure and fucking simple. You are responsible for your thinking and for what you say. There is no left-wing "politically correct" conspiracy that is out to get you, as you seem to think - there is just you being a racist and getting called out on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Once again, you are the exaltation of American false concisousness - to the point that not only are you clueless to what is really going on, but you are CLUELESS OF THE FACT that are you are clueless to begin with. I would probably have better luck finding a cure for cancer than ever convincing a racist that he is indeed racist. IN short, you and your apology for racism disgust me. Go away.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: San Bernadino Terrorism and Radicalization - by FireIceTalon - 12-13-2015, 12:42 AM