San Bernadino Terrorism and Radicalization
I follow you FIT. Even it has only partly to do with the original topic.
Yes atheists are discriminated in most countries on this planet. I am lucky that I happen to live in one of the countries with the least discrimination against atheists in the world.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/beki...~a3806639/

This link is in dutch, but you might be able to find the original report source somewhere.
Even in countries like Sweden and Germany the church and church goers (or at least the ones that are registered) have certain right that atheists don't have.

You see that a country like Germany seems to be doing far worse than the US. This is because of things like the church' influence on hospitals and the obligatory tax that goes to the church. SO here we are really talking about state enforced discrimination.
In the US you have a more people enforced discrimination....probably caused by the fact that the US is often involved in wars against other religions* which makes people become more extremist themselves. I think in Sweden or germany an atheist could become president, something which in the US is only theoretically possible.

* I know these wars are not official against another religion but that is how the opponents and the US civilians feel these at least.
(I am talking about cold war, and wars in Arabia)

Messages In This Thread
RE: San Bernadino Terrorism and Radicalization - by eppie - 01-01-2016, 07:15 AM