Autism, exploitation and Capitalism
(12-08-2016, 06:26 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I hope they didn't praise running water and electricity either.

Though it certainly can be used for evil.

That being said, I've noted quite a few questionable groups that seem to champion autism as a cause. Some include the anti-vaccine crowd (one particular sickening one is "Age of Autism" which seems to contain writings from parents that regret their children's existences as a plague) and Autism Speaks which has posted some rather not so flattering videos publicly concerning the mater. So sometimes, $$$ is in the factors.
I'm of the opinion that normal is a bell curve, whereas some are extremely disabled on either extreme. Most are in the middle. Being dead smack in the middle neglects the diversity of the functional extremes. For example, I've learned to ignore, to a great extent, my senses as needed. This gives me long periods of undistacted concentration, where I can emerge hours later from my endeavor ( usually coding something). I then realize all the thirst, hunger and other needs all together. I've heard that certain professions, like EMT, soldier, firefighter, police are best served by people who are like this. Calm in extreme danger.

I'm thinking biologically this was a necessary survival skill for stalking and killing prey.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by Tal - 12-07-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by kandrathe - 12-13-2016, 09:54 PM