Autism, exploitation and Capitalism
Quote:Calling people names is not how you discuss things in polite society. Basing it loosely on an article he may have read, posted on BB, and which he may have agreed is not the basis for justifying bad behavior. He isn't sowing, and you ain't no grim reaper. Let's just give and get a little respect due to each other. It will be more pleasant. I promise.

I can have a civil discussion with someone who is pro-capitalist, even if we cannot agree.

But asking me to be nice to a proto-fascist? That is quite a tall order (im partially joking, but partially serious also). I genuinely believe that fascists or their apologists should not have any kind of platform to express their disgusting views of minorities, immigrants, women, LGBTQ, the poor, and disabled persons. Some comrades will disagree with me on that, but that is another matter.

Quote:He was a leading figure in the Bolshevik Party, which became the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. We've had the discussion of whether the CPSU is communist, which I think is, and you disagree.

Well, the Bolsheviks being a geniunely communist party just comes down to time and space I think. It's hard to pinpoint an exact final moment obviously, but prior to the 1917 Revolution up until, maybe around 1920ish (or maybe up until Lenin's death, not entirely sure), I would say a reasonable argument that they were a genuine revolutionary workers party could be made. There did come a point where this was no longer the case; when that was is still highly debated.

It isn't really important now though. What I am more concerned with, is the fractured state of the Left at this time, and especially among Marxists. I doubt the Bolshevik party model can be (or even necessarily should be) the sythesis for creating a new international communist program. But I generally dislike sectarianism that plagues many comrades and believe that all Marxists should work with one another whenever possible. I would also like to see them work more with other leftists outside the framework, namely Anarchists. It's probably asking alot though, because regardless of how similar our end goals may be, our paths there have extreme differences.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by FireIceTalon - 12-15-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: Autism, exploitation and Capitalism - by Tal - 12-07-2016, 03:51 PM