Westworld: lots of potential, but does it have legs?
Sorry for the thread necro. I just watched season one, twice.

I think it is in fact pretty brilliant. The story was incredibly detailed and complex. My measure of screen writing is in how quickly I can predict the plot lines. As I'm so used to the same tired stories being dressed up in different characters. The second season is beginning filming, so I'm anticipating a glorious second season. The first story arc seemed to be more in the difficulty in keeping order, which is a Crichton staple in theme parks and a nod to the screenplays theme. What would it be like if the animatronic pirates of the Caribbean took over the ride? But, the levels were deep. Delos thought it was taking control from Ford. Ford was trying to enable the hosts to find their own control. Ford losing control of his own mortality due to old age. The gradual evolution of empowerment of Delores and Maeve. So much more...

If you haven't seen this series, then just go do it.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westworld: lots of potential, but does it have legs? - by kandrathe - 06-25-2017, 10:31 PM