Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
(12-23-2016, 07:33 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
Quote:The problem with our immigration system is simple...

Immigration isnt' the problem at all. Here, or anywhere else for that matter. The problem is the economic laws of the capitalist system and conditions it creates that presupposes and necessitates immigration as a historically intrinsic feature of the system to begin with.

Being against 'illegal' immigration further dehumanizes a huge quantity of people who are, in a qualitative sense, already oppressed and socially stigmatized because of capitalist mythology and the attitudes it fosters toward people of other nations, and especially so when those people are not white. Just the very term 'illegal immigrant' itself is extremely derogatory and dehumanizing, and in most cases probably racist as well. This is all organically tied into capitalisms 'reserve army of labor' that fosters, creates, and reinforces competition between workers; both of the same nation and of different nations.
So... Lemme-get-this-straight... Somebody living in the hell-hole of El Salvador seeks to escape being victimized by their own countrymen aka. Mara Salvatrucha, so they come to the US to rebuild their lives. But, to you, it is the person offering them money in exchange for labor that is victimizing them? Nay, you said dehumanizing them, and its not the gangsters turning them into human cattle in brothels, or mules running drugs through a deadly gauntlet of jungles and deserts that are to be feared, but "capitalists". Illegal means... it is against the laws that already exist. Why wouldn't someone have taken the case, "illegal immigrant" itself is extremely derogatory and dehumanizing" to the courts then? We have laws defending human and civil rights.

Oh, wait, they have. In the face of the 1996 Clinton administration "dehumanizing" laws, they have upheld the rights of people to due process, and to petition the government for consideration.

https://www.aclu.org/other/analysis-immi...n-policies

You missed the part where I said I wanted more immigration, and to "decriminalize" it by making what is now classified as "illegal" into what is more likely a "temporary worker" seeking a better life.

(12-23-2016, 07:33 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: The only time "illegal immigration" was ever a problem here is when white european colonialists set foot on this continent and stole it from Native Americans, while enslaving and wiping out nearly 90% of said Native Americans in the process. So if you want to start deporting people based on an national status of '(il)legality', well, that would mean every white person here would have to start packing their bags tomorrow. So, you may want to re-think your position on the subject of immigration (legal or not).
Then, you wouldn't be opposed to opening your home, or apartment to whomever wants to flop there. No borders means no occupation problem. Unlike you, I'm staying within the current legal system, as flawed or irrelevant as you may want to believe it to be. As far as we know, the rules of the First Nations was that non members of the tribe should die. Unfortunately for Native Americans, they lost, and/ or were swindled out of the land by the Europeans. I'm not opposed to some equitable, workable justice for them, unless you are suggesting expelling all emigrants and their ilk from the past 400 years, which is pretty unworkable (leading to civil war). Was it illegal for the Asians when they invaded North America, and South America some 30 to 10 thousands of years ago? What do you you suggest for those of us with Native and European blood? What about those who were brought here against their will? Unlike you, I deal in the reality of what is and don't partake of unrealistic fantasy, like pure communism, or North America purged of European blood.

You have some very absurd ideas, and this is one of them. I think what you are lacking here is a sense of perspective. I suggest you should augment your understanding more directly by emigrating to China, or North Korea to work in collective farming for some years to gain an appreciation for the value of individuality, and the ability to market your skills directly to those who might seek them. This "capitalist" system is clouding your perspective.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in T... - by kandrathe - 12-27-2016, 01:26 AM