Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
(12-28-2016, 08:11 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 06:09 AM)kandrathe Wrote: and never will exist."
This is 'absolute determinism', which the following article does a superb job of discrediting.
For the record, I'm not French. I have no "bourgeois ideology".

Nor do I aspire to riches, or hedonism.

If I must be labeled, I have a conservative Midwestern, pragmatic, liberal ideology, seasoned with the realities of raising teens in an overly decadent and narcissistic society.

No. It is my claim/ opinion that it will never happen based upon your record of success so far. Do you *really* believe 6 billion people will peacefully coexist for long in a stateless, rule free, purely democratic society? Oh yeah, and pigs fly!

another view Wrote:So why hasn't "true communism" ever been implemented and why out of all the attempts at communism, has it always led to authoritative regimes where the power is concentrated in the hands of an elite oligarchy?

I think this in and of itself says something about the theory called communism, namely that it is flawed and not applicable to real life. It is an idealistic pipe dream ignorant of human nature. This is because democracy, being a government based on choice and freedom, is antagonistic to a planned economy which is based on limiting choice.

This is also why communist revolutions inevitably lead to an authoritative dictatorship or oligarchy. The material wants and needs of any populace are diverse and ever changing. Capitalism can meet these needs because it changes with market demand, innovates, and fills niches. A planned economy cannot. When the general populace holds the political power and the people have the freedom of expression, then they will vote to according to their wants and needs and their perception of the needs of the nation as a whole. These opinions are not uniform and differ from individual to individual and from group to group. This is counterproductive to an authoritative planned economy which attempts to create an equal level of consumption amongst every individual. The end result is that any fledgling communist state will be forced to choose between democracy (assuming it even had it to begin with) and its planned economy. Either the economy will become more capitalist to accommodate the diversity of the individual needs, ceasing to be "planned" (maintaining a democracy), or it will concentrate all power into a ruling elite who will control the economy and buffer it against the fickle desires and needs of the people.

Thus we must conclude that the theory of communism is flawed from the beginning due to the incompatibility of both democracy and planned economies and that is why a "true communist" state has never and never will exist.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in T... - by kandrathe - 12-28-2016, 05:49 PM