Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
(12-29-2016, 05:26 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 01:38 PM)EspyLacopa Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 01:12 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I absolutely deplore the fact that I have to work or face starvation, homelessness and state enforced brutality if I dont.
Hmmmm. This strikes me as odd. If this is so, and the idea behind Communism is that Working isn't tied to the basic utilities of Life (food, shelter, water, internet). . .How do you make sure enough people are working to keep society running? And if you DO have something in place. . .aren't the people being forced to work or face starvation and homelessness?

Interestingly enough, if you did not work for any semi-serious length of time, like 3 months, in the old USSR, you were deemed to be a state criminal and were sent to work camps... to re-educate yourself. Not as far as giving you skills, but as far as re-familiarizing yourself with the glories of communism, while serving hard time. If you were especially lucky, you got to work on nuclear waste cleanup. This usually commutted your sentence..... and lifespan.

Sure, that's how USSR did it. But I'm curious as to how an actual Communist society would handle such occurances, since according to FIT, places like the old USSR weren't actually Communist.
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in T... - by EspyLacopa - 12-29-2016, 06:21 PM