Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
(12-29-2016, 11:35 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: When people get into a serious car crash, usually within a couple minutes, someone stops to make sure the parties involved are all ok - if they aren't, they call paramedics.

Actually, there's this thing known as the Bystander Effect. It's actually quite possible (and more likely) that noone does such a thing as more and more people are witness to such a thing.

Quote:its just the logical outcome of us being able to own, use and/or consume what we produce.

But I thought in a communistic society, noone owns anything? And in a that pure democracy. . .do you really trust the rest of your comrades to know what's best for you at all times? Do you know what's truly best for everyone else? Pure Democracy has another, rather unflattering name: Rule of the Mob.

Personally, I don't think a Communist Society would be nearly as perfect as it seems you perceive it as for one very simple reason. It was created by imperfect people, and they won't be able to create a perfect thing. We never have. A Utopia sounds wonderful, but there are so many different types of people in the world, that one man's Utopia is another man's Hell.

Thus, I don't think it's possible to create a single society that could make everyone satisfied, unless you also make everyone the same (including how they think). . .and that sounds terrifying. Becuase who (or what) would decide what that singular standard should be, and why should it be forced upon everyone regardless of how they like it?
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in T... - by EspyLacopa - 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM