Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
You absurdly, without any supporting proof claim;
Quote:And after all, the biggest freeloaders currently are the capitalist class - who produce absolutely NO social value whatsoever

Then, try to equate this observable phenomena to gravity. Sorry, I understand Capital, and its value so I observe a different reference state. In the other non-communist view of reality, Capitalists add value by risking it for future rewards. Those future rewards are the result of negotiated contracts. There is no lifetime guarantee, unless the owner retains the majority share.

High Steel workers get a premium for their risk, contrary to your false assumptions. The steel worker can refuse to take the job as well. Each of us has the right to quit the work, and not be compelled to do it against our will. If you or your fiancé hate your jobs, get the hell out of Wyoming. Move to civilization, where workers have opportunity.

Similarly, if the capitalist doesn't like the risk, they can choose to not use the excess wealth to build the economy. This is the stagnation we've been in under Obama. Fed monetary policy made it more lucrative to just leave the money in the bank. The Feds paid them to just leave it alone with zero risks.

But, let's use a real world simple investment. If I buy a tractor, and rent it out to farmers, then I get to earn profits so long as it is in good working condition and useful, and at a price reasonable farmers would pay. For farmers who do not, or can not buy a whole tractor outright, leasing one during planting, and harvest seems a good deal. Laws exist to ensure legal contracts are upheld, and that no one absconds with the tractor.

Quote:Not only is what I described easily obervable and verifiable as existing in the real world, it is in fact the defining characteristic that capitalist social relations and institutions are structured upon. The capitalists own private property - the state exists to violently protect and uphold private property relations. This is absolutely indisputable, beyond any shadow of a reasonable doubt. Saying otherwise would be like bouncing a rubber ball off the ground, watching it go up, then come back down and then still denying the existence of gravity. Like it or not, these things do objectively exist.
This is a lame attempt to hand wave at your absurd assertion. "It is readily observable" and therefore according to you, who I don't consider an authority, indisputable. Sorry, I and all the non-communists in the US dispute your claims.

One only needs to research the origin of big corporations to see they start as somebody with a novel idea. Look at John Deere, a blacksmith from Vermont who in 1837 thought steel, even though more costly, would be better than the wooden, or iron plows being used. Now #97 in the Fortune 500. He put his efforts, and savings into making steel implements for farmers. In the communist version of the John Deere story, he would only ever be the blacksmith, and we'd still be using wooden plows behind mules.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap - by kandrathe - 12-31-2016, 03:28 PM