Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
(12-31-2016, 10:48 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: This is just an argument of semantics. Yes, an important part of the social relationship that I described is based around the 'Labor THEORY of value'. A theory which, whether you like it or not, is valid.
There are other opinions. You choose to believe that one is true. I do not. i give Marx his due credit for his contribution in revealing the flaws in classical economic theory. But, I do not concur he was correct in his conclusions. You and I even agree on the "problem" of the modern employer/employee model to some extent where the employee feels "trapped in labor" by their immediate needs for basic survival. But, take away the option of employment (or the condition of their being meaningful, enjoyable work to do). Are we not still in an even greater pickle in barbaric competition for our material needs? I'm not so inclined to blame the system for the core issue of our needs to survive. For now, consider that perhaps status quo is better than no system.

For example, Eugen Böhm von Bawerk in History and Critique of Interest Theories (1884)

Book I, Chapter IV - Adam Smith and the Development of the Problem is a critique of Smith's simplified view of the labor theory of price, and Book VI - The Exploitation Theory is a critique of various contributors to the mid 1800's theories developing the 'labor theory of value'. Book VI - Chapter III goes into great detail in a critique of Marx.

NOW BEFORE YOU JUMP IN AND WRITE A WALL OF TEXT on Böhm von Bawerk's book...

I'm only pointing to the plethora of alternatives of thought on one thing that differs from your LTV world view, one you ardently believe in to be "fact". Your intolerance of other world views does not make yours correct, and your inability, or unwillingness to consider alternatives makes any discussion with you frustrating. As you've indicated, you see it as a contest where you can "win".
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in T... - by kandrathe - 01-01-2017, 04:50 AM