Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap
Fair enough.

Can't really say I look at it as a "contest" though. I'm just a bit more "amped up" and passionate in my political convictions than most other people I guess, but this is true in everything about me and whatever I endeavor in. I don't deny it, I can be quite over the top at times.

But I don't think of it as me coming on here and trying to "win arguments" with random people I've never met. I look at it, believe it or not, as a learning process to better understand - and counter - the objections to the framework I operate within. I also learn more about my own political views in the process. I've learned an INCREDIBLE amount over the last 4 years or so about Marxian economic theory, and although a significant reason for that was reading texts as well as learning from other comrades, alot of it was also from the "debates" that I've had here on LL.

Sure, things get heated sometimes, but I'm not out to get anyone here. I promise. Mostly, just to engage in interesting and lively political discussions. We disagree on almost everything just because we operate within two completely different frameworks and thus speak a different political language, but sometimes your posts get me to really think and force me to gather my thoughts, do some research, and sharpen my knowledge to be able to engage what you said. Sometimes, these exchanges are quite a rush where I eagerly await to see what your response will be and how much it will challenge me to think about and engage it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Article discreditng the thesis that Mao "killed millions of people" in The Great Leap - by FireIceTalon - 01-01-2017, 07:09 AM