Democrats' Response To President Trump
(01-27-2017, 04:33 PM)Ashock Wrote: Just because I think that science is not even close to being able to decipher the most complicated matters in the universe we live in, does not mean that I think it is useless for the much simpler issues.

Except, you're wrong. Science HAS in fact been able to "decipher" many of the most complex matters of both the planet and universe we live on/in. I didn't misconstrue anything you said for an agenda, I was pointing out that your myopic view of the world was leading you to an incorrect observation. Much in the same way as you did in the climate change thread, which ironically enough, is one of these complicated matters that science has allowed us to understand and make sense of.

This is exactly why I, as a Materialist, find Idealism and its proponents so frustrating. For Idealists, arriving at a specific conclusion that matches their worldview is of the upmost importance, and therefore they will use faulty methods, rigid thinking, and reject contradicting evidence so that their conclusion is the inevitable result.

Quote:But you already knew what I meant, didn't you. It just didn't suit your purpose. I told you before, I understand how you think. I've seen more of your kind and read more literature written by your kind than any normal human being should in five lifetimes.

Indeed, I knew what you meant. I also knew/know that you are wrong, and I pointed that fact out.

My purpose is to better understand the world we live in - whether that concerns itself in the hard sciences or the social sciences - and I rely on the scientific method usings facts, material observation and/or data to arrive at my conclusions.

You reject overwhelming evidence if the conclusions do not support your ideological world view, as most idealists do.

And for all the reading you did that was written by "my kind", you obviously didn't learn a damn thing. Because for you and "your kind", ideology trumps (pun intended) science and fact - except of course, your own made-up "alternative" facts.

But I think I'll stop here, since Eppie is right: You will keep saying grass is blue no matter how much contradicting evidence and facts you are presented with.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Democrats' Response To President Trump - by FireIceTalon - 01-27-2017, 07:12 PM