The Great Global Warming Swindle
I watched the video linked and it seems the crux of its argument is based around co2 being the defacto mechanism of climate change (or better said, not causing it). I digress, the assumptions being made are enormous; these naysayers assume that just because there was more co2 in the earth's air millions of years ago, that we'll be fine and that shouldn't affect the overall global temperature. I'd argue that the world was covered in co2 absorbing plants back then that absorbed most of this co2, and without them now (since we're cutting them all down), we all but guaranteeing some sort of catastrophe. However, having said that, I didn't actually post here to argue temperatures because I've heard plenty of convincing arguments from both sides and since I'm not a scientist, who am I to stir the pot? I'm more concerned with the planets resources and looking at our (humans) population growth and how we rape the world of its natural resources. I've read many scientifically accepted peer reviewed articles stating we are causing animal extinctions an a scale never seen before... Due mainly to over hunting and habitat encroachment. Simply put, there are too many humans for this planet, and the long term outcome of that is clear: mass extinction. What does this have to do with global warming? It is man made, just as the proponents of global warming will tell you. This is the real issue, and the answer to both problems... find a way to get rid of a quarter of the population, save the planet. I like to romanticiz on the concept of inhabiting other planets to save ours as opposed to China level of birth control. On a personal level, I do feel that humans have helped cause global warming, but not nearly to the degree it's been hyped up to be; my concerns are more for the longevity of the planet in regards to our actions of deforestation and over hunting. Could we survive if the planet warmed another 10+ degrees? Of course we can. Could we survive if all the plants and animals went extinct? Probbably not. Anyway, not an intentional derail of your thread, but an astute observation of what I feel is the real problem.

Edit: I wanted to clarify something so I don't sound undecided when in fact, I very much am; I am quite certain the planet is warming. I am quite certain we humans are releasing an obscene amount of pollutants into the air. I'm quite certain scientific data can prove beyond doubt that co2 helps temperatures rise. What I disagree with is how, over my 40years of living, I've never seen it (the weather and temperatures) change so drastically seemingly overnight, and I find it impossible to believe this is 100% man made. It's completely illogical we could cause such a massive change in such a short time when we've been releasing toxins into the atmosphere for decades. To me, it is clearly a case of natural weather patterns on the planet, with some human help, however as I said in another thread, if we as a species suddenly decided to cover the world in co2 absorbing plants and trees and cut our population in half, I doubt this would have much effect on the current temperatures and furthermore, I don't think the raising temperatures will eradicate all life as we know it because...I believe in what most scientists believe in called evolution, and I feel our planet would simply enter into an new Era with species adapting to the current weather and temperatures... like the animals around Fukushima, or Chernobyl who have evolved to be tolerant to that type of radiation, same as humans absorb radiation from the sun and turn it into vitamin D.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Ashock - 01-25-2017, 05:43 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Lissa - 01-26-2017, 02:27 AM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Lissa - 01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by eppie - 01-26-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Ashock - 01-26-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by eppie - 01-31-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Jester - 01-28-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by eppie - 01-31-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Lissa - 01-31-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Ashock - 01-26-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: The Great Global Warming Swindle - by Lissa - 01-26-2017, 06:51 PM