This should be alarming, right?
(03-02-2017, 07:57 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I am refusing to march in locked step with any of this nonsense. I don't like him, but it seems to be almost at coup d'etat levels of collusion in his opposition. What? We can't live with him, and the Secret Service won't let us shoot him so... grind him upon the political grist mill of "trumped" up allegations until they trip up Conway lying to Congress?

I think you'll find that the number of people in the US that actually like him is a more of an minority than actually voted for him. I think if you take a look, a number of the people that voted for him voted along party lines or as an anti-vote against Clinton (similarly, there were those that voted for Clinton as an anti-vote against Trump).

Quote:It seems pretty clear there is an internecine conflict within the Republican/Conservatives (I believe it was McCain, and friends who bought the "services" of Christopher Steele to smear Trump). There was planned opposition from the Democrats/Progressives, with big funding by Soros and others at least a month before the inauguration. An apoplectic press cannot keep up their charade of a shred of objectivity with a) their loose sourcing, b) shoddy fact-checking, or c) rush to lynching.

I think you can probably go further than that. I think the whole reason Pence was added to the campaign is because Ryan and McConnell know/knew that Trump is going/was to do/done something that will get him impeached and the potential other Vice President candidates that he had around him spooked Ryan and McConnell.

As to sourcing, some of the sourcing won't happen unless the source's name is left off the record due to fear of reprisal in some way. Some of the other sources are showing to be false (and some have been retracted) while others seemed ludicrous at first, but are appearing to have some grain of truth (the dossier made by the former British spy and actions taken by various actors since that's come to light such as Putin's cleaning in FSS and the fact that a number in the FBI, CIA, and NSA are giving more credence now to said dossier).

As to the fact checking, yes, some has been off, but some has been spot on as well.

As to the rush to lynching, this happens from both sides of the media, those with a liberal slant going after conservatives and those with a conservative slat going after liberals (just take a look at the crap spewed by some conservative pundits such as Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, and others concerning Obama and Clinton). So, it happens from both sides of the media, but problem is we've lost some of the great reporters and pundits that could be civil and explain why the other side is wrong (Walter Cronkite, William F. Buckley Jr, and others). The problem is, the media got changed in the early 2000s when Rupert Murdoch brought tabloid journalism mainstream and the media became more about news entertainment and less about reporting what actually happened.

Quote:Every week I hear about a new conspiracy theory of a tangled oligarchic web of international criminals, bankers, and diplomats involving Trump, his properties, his family, his money, etc. It's just adds to the absurdity of a globalist billionaire seeking to support a scheme of nationalism to "make America great again".

Trump could clear a good amount of that up simply by releasing his tax returns, yet he refuses to do so. The longer he refuses, the more people are going to think he has something to hide. It could be as simple as he's not as successful as he wants everyone to believe (he wants every to believe that his has $10 Billion, but according to Fortune 500 Top Billionaires he's not even on the list with the 500 spot being $3.3 Billion) or he could be in the pocket Russia due to loans he's taken out (because US banks refuse to loan him money due to the number of bankruptcies he's filed).

Quote:What makes America great to me is the aspiration of being able to work hard, and raise a family in safety, and prosper.

I can agree with that, although I would extend that to our descendants (beyond just children and grand children).

(03-02-2017, 08:37 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: But I'm tired of people calling him a symbol of the "alt right". Let's stop with the euphemisms already and call him for what he actually is: a white nationalist.

What do you think Alt-Right is? It's White Nationalism taken to an extreme. It borders on outright racism.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
This should be alarming, right? - by DeeBye - 02-25-2017, 04:27 AM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by eppie - 02-25-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Jester - 02-25-2017, 12:29 PM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Lissa - 02-25-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by LavCat - 02-25-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Alram - 02-26-2017, 08:45 AM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Jester - 02-26-2017, 11:50 AM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Alram - 02-26-2017, 01:14 PM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Jester - 02-26-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Jester - 03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: This should be alarming, right? - by Jester - 03-02-2017, 01:13 PM