What's the oldest computer part/peripheral you still use?
It's not my picture. Google images search and found what I was looking for. I didn't actually know myBB boards could resize images.

(04-17-2017, 11:22 PM)kandrathe Wrote: And... while I am "chastising" you, in the most cordial way, I was struck by your signature quote. It seems so very unlike him to not be singing the brilliance and superiority of the German people. So I dug into it. I think this is one of those pseudo quotes that sound like some body should have said it. There is actually no source attributing that to a speech, or to anything in writing or in interviews with his associates.

If it's unsourced, assume that those are phoney quotes. If it's not in handwriting or speech recording, assume that there will be problems, too. There is a real inflation of "quotes" what Hitler did supposedly say.

I will take that under advisement however, it seems the jury is out on this one: Link . The most likely scenario is it's a fabrication with a slight chance of being quoted from a speech without citation due to lack of citations at the time. Ironically, due to the sheer volume of legitimate sources that have quoted and attributed this sentence to Hitler, it stands to reason that most people associate this quote to Adolf and without proof to the contrary, majority rules. Just because I say the color of the sun is fiery-red does not mean school text books will change it from its standard yellow. Anyway, I do not dismiss that fact that you may be completely correct on the quote being fabricated, however without proof to the contrary, I side with the majority on this one.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the oldest computer part/peripheral you still use? - by Taem - 04-20-2017, 07:50 AM