Shocking new DNA study reveals that human beings are divided into two genders!
(05-18-2017, 11:50 AM)Jester Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 06:35 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I mean if someone is left handed, and they ask for a left handed desk, it doesn't mean they're threatening right handed people.

Interesting, then, that left-handed people have often been forced not only to make do with right-handed objects, but are sometimes forced as kids to learn tasks with their right hands. My dad still complains about how awful that was to endure.
I was always the Righty who got stuck with the Lefty scissors. It sort of ceases to be an issue once you can rely on your own resource. People in my family tended to be Bi-Handed, where we'd do different tasks with Left, or Right whichever worked best.

Quote:The enforcement of social norms through discipline has consequences for people who don't fit those norms very well. Sometimes, that's just the price we pay for living in a society. (I don't want murderous people murdering, no matter how hard they find impulse control.) But mostly, we could just chill out, and let people be who they want to be, and we'd all be a lot happier for it.
Murder is the extreme case, but say even with drugs...

I'm not in favor of imposing societal will in restricting adults from recreational drugs, including alcohol. I'm personally not in favor of them, and think people would be healthier without them. I don't think it is right to use the government to enforce these restrictions. Same with restricting sugar, or junk food, or pickled pigs feet. Not my thing, but who are we to stand between a person and their guilty pleasures?

We should as a society expect that people who do drug themselves into oblivion should not be operating dangerous equipment, or even strewn about the sidewalks, vomiting, i.e. public nuisance or committing crimes to get money to feed their addictions. If you've lost control of your ability to safely operate in the society, then it should be expected this same society will curtail your ability to cause harm. This correction should be dedicated toward rehabilitation.

Segue back to the topic at hand... If it isn't harming anyone else it is not a social issue up for debate. I am staunchly opposed to allowing the government any power over what adults do, say, wear, or who they associate with including marry (including how many and how often). We have too many really important problems to solve to worry about who is using which public toilet. Make all the toilets unisex. Problem solved.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocking new DNA study reveals that human beings are divided into two genders! - by kandrathe - 05-18-2017, 04:17 PM