Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?)
(08-17-2017, 08:59 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: The government is an entity, so is diffrent from groups of people. Nobody would consider me bashing parking meters as hate speech.

The government also represents people , such as myself, so I certainly have a right to offee my opinion on it.

You can't compare that to groups that have encouraged and participated in violence, of which they have only stopped due to fear of the laws enacted to stop them and preach the extermination or subjugation of lesser races.

I'm in no way at all defending those who preech hate speech, nor do I disagree with those who condemn them. I'm merely pointing out the fallacy of 'that' road once we step foot on the path of censorship and squashing our liberties. In regards to the government, I'd also hold the police of Charlottesville responsible for allowing the fights to happen and the aggressive nature of the gathering to become what it became. They should fac consequences for their inaction, which in this case was just as deadly than if they participated in the chaos; the are the fourth unnamed party in all of this whom, incidently, work for the government.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?) - by Taem - 08-17-2017, 09:07 PM