Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?)
The KKK and other White Nationalists have been making legally and Constitutionally protected marches/free speech events for decades. You are allowed free speech in this country under the Constitution, even if you are an a55hat. That you or I disagree with the opinion of any group who marches in a public demonstration does not remove the protection. The decision to start a riot was made by the antifa folks, who are passionate about what they do, and the decision to not do their job was done by the law enforcement locally.

I live in Texas, and now and again the KKK does one of those annoying marches, with permits and all that. Trolls. That's what they are.
The cops make sure people see the uniformed presence. Any who wants to play shenanigans is on notice.

I was part of a peaceful counter protest against a permitted PhelpsWBC event some years ago. The cops were visibly present and all sides were rude to each other and nobody started a fight.
Whomever in Virginia decided to "let 'em play" in the immortal words of Dan Dierdorf (MNF) is a (censored)ing irresponsible git.

By the way, if you are interested, and not just here to spout polemics, Robert E Lee was on record, while alive, as being against monuments being built to the Confederacy. Business Insider, online, has an interesting article with quotes from a Lee biographer on that point. Read it and ponder on what kind of trouble makers were out there making trouble in the first place, and in the second place.
Well, they found it, but actually, they made it.
PS: don't ask me for a link. If you are too lazy to figure it out, that's on you.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?) - by Occhidiangela - 08-18-2017, 12:23 AM