Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?)
(09-02-2017, 03:56 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: They went out just to start shit even though there was no alt-right rally. Looks like just a bunch of thugs wanting to break stuff; consistent with the rest of their behavior.
Optimistically, in the US, we are witnessing the liberals struggling with alt left extremists, as did the conservatives in dealing with alt right during the rise of the tea party. Or, political co-opting ( glomming on) to the more main stream narrative.

In the pessimistic it would be a decent into civil war. Or, topically, once you shut down free speech as a method of social discourse, you are really only left with violence as a means for changing society.

It's definitely riling up the right... Town Hall [read Right Wingnut] article on the trend of extreme left hypocrisy on condemning on the basis of race alone.

A not so prescient Opinion piece, The End of Identity Liberalism... article.
New York Times Wrote:If you are going to mention groups in America, you had better mention all of them. If you don’t, those left out will notice and feel excluded. Which, as the data show, was exactly what happened with the white working class and those with strong religious convictions. Fully two-thirds of white voters without college degrees voted for Donald Trump, as did over 80 percent of white evangelicals.

The upshot being the "all in" democrat strategy employed in the last election brought about the unthinkable... the election of The Donald, a figure derided by both left and right, but solidly proclaimed for the middle class worker. I'm sure if the left continue in this direction they will alienate unions next. Already, the union leaders in Cleveland refused to support the Browns disrespect of the growing National Anthem protests.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?) - by kandrathe - 09-03-2017, 12:31 AM