Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?)
(09-05-2017, 12:55 PM)Quark Wrote: I must have missed the Nazi running people over, with all this talk about alt-left.
Fanning the flames of extremism blows both directions... it has been amping up some number of years.

Obama to police: Dallas shooting was a 'hate crime'

At least some politicians continue being intellectually honest about ALL extremism. But, if you are suddenly outraged by the murder of Heather Heyer, then welcome to the political reality of the past two decades. Somewhere around 220 to 230 people were victims of extremism in the US in 2016.

All of it evil.

Quote:This whole centrist "im better than both sides, and we can just solve all the worlds worst problems through pragmatic discourse" position is not only utopian, but its also the most PRIVILEGED, IVORY TOWER political position one can take, especially if you are a white, straight male.
Yes, of course. We should just choose the flavor of our extremism, clean our weapons, and stockpile the ammo.

Color me the proud utopian, who'd rather we worked out our political differences with those utopian liberal ideals of democracy, the bill of rights, and submitting to the rule of law. I'm so white privileged cis male. How John Locke of me....
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freedom of Speech (did I miss something?) - by kandrathe - 09-05-2017, 11:59 PM