On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players.
(09-28-2017, 08:53 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: https://reason.com/blog/2017/09/27/polic...blic-got-t

Remember, it's only wrong if you get caught.

And fuck this War on The poor Minorities Drugs. Worthless shits see a dying person and they want to see if he has drugs in him.
There are cameras in most ever retail store now. I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect the police to document their interactions with the public. And, as public servants it is not unreasonable for those interactions to be made available to those they interact with as part of the whole premise of innocent until proven guilty.

There is a YouTube channel of a colorful and nice judge in Providence. One case was for running a red light... in looking at the video in court it was clear A guy ran the light, but the camera caught the plate of the guy who actually stopped. Judge threw out the case and apologized for wasting the innocent guys time.

So, it’s good in that it can prove your innocence, and bad in that it coldly and inhumanly catches every crime. I guess I can understand the union standing up for its membership, but part of the bigger problem is the often too collusional relationships between police, prosecutors, DA’s, and justice system infrastructure.

Like I stated earlier, it is troubling that in the Information Age, where law enforcement can run your Id or facial recognition, and get your life story, that very little data is captured on police interactions, such that we’d get good data on negative interactions by demography, especially for minority groups who feel victimized. Seems too good for them, and bad for us.

Then the whole... if we citizens shoot someone (even in self defense) we get arrested, and sit in jail. But, in the worst cases it seems the police get two weeks paid leave, a sham cya investigation, and whitewashing. 5 years later after legal delays long enough for everyone to have forgotten all about it, the exoneration, and there may be a small risk of uproar, where the few who remember might damage shops in their own neighborhood.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players. - by kandrathe - 09-29-2017, 02:32 AM