On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players.
(10-04-2017, 07:54 AM)roguebanshee Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 03:02 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Well, back on topic...

I guess it turns out Micheal Bennett was a bit veracity challenged in the whole racial profiling and being singled out for being black.
That more or less proves my initial point about that incident. The "They went after me because I (do not) belong to <group>"-card is very easy to throw out and get support for, especially if there have been high profile cases where something similar actually did happen.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to take an objective look at the events to see if something else was likely to have transpired.
::nod:: I like the availability of cameras for civilian review to confirm the claimed abuse, or as in this case, exonerate the officers.

A couple months ago I had a headlight go out, I had been putting it off for a couple days. I had set up an appointment at the local garage on the next weekend. My son wanted groceries, so we went to the store, and it was late enough to need headlights. Sure enough, driving through my small nearby town on the way I got lit up. Pulled over, explained I did know, and had an appointment. The officer, checked my license, insurance, etc... Gave me a verbal warning.

>> phew << Continued on our way got the groceries, and not an hour later returning back through town, at almost the exact spot... Lit up again... This time, the officer got to my window, recognized me and we both just laughed. Sometimes, the difference is in your combined attitudes. But, I think had I been black, I might have been more edgy, the officer might be more edgy, and it might not be so hilarious.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players. - by kandrathe - 10-04-2017, 09:48 PM