On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players.
(10-08-2017, 08:47 PM)Alram Wrote: Back off topic.
Quote:Hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets of Catalonia’s capital Barcelona on Sunday to express their opposition to declaring independence from Spain, showing how divided the region is on the issue.

A crowd estimated by local police to number 350,000 waved Spanish and Catalan flags and carried banners saying “Catalonia is Spain” and “Together we are stronger”...
Turn-out for the referendum was just 43 percent, with most residents who wish to remain in Spain staying home.
Reuters

Regarding the irregularities in the voting, including people voting multiple times: irregularidades

It is a difficult situation. The spanish ruling parties, especially the Partido Popular is populated by Francoists (I don't need to say neo-francoists because these are the same people that were involved in the Franco dictatorship). They have been very cruel to some of the states in Spain (Catalunya, Basque Country).
I can very well imagine that many Catalunyans want to separate from Spain. A country known for having incompetent politicians and extreme catholic conservatism.

Example: catalunya bans the cruel and old fashioned practice of bull fights (basically because in Catalunya not everybody is a 19th century moron) and some time later the SPanish government overrules that ban again.

About percentages of people pro and con separation......many spanish people moved to Catalunya for economic reasons....so these are spanish people with not connection to catalunyan heritage. All these people can vote of course so it is quite difficult to get a high percentage of pro separation.

Of course one of the reasons many people want to separate is an economic reason.....and that I just find stupid......first because they make a lot of money from trade with the rest of Spain, and things will not get better for them if they would be independent.

So as a person who is against right wing extremism I would support the separation but as a person who is economically left wing I think they should stay with spain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On assaulting Nurses and Pro Football players. - by eppie - 11-12-2017, 02:25 PM