Gender Discrimination in Government Funding for Cancer Research
(11-14-2017, 02:30 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(11-11-2017, 05:26 PM)Lissa Wrote: While the number of deaths isn't 15 to 1, Women due die about 2.25 times more due to cancers they get involving reproductive organs and breast. Take a look at the following:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=303]

So I did. It seems things are weighted against women from birth to 50, but from 50 to death men catch up and surpass women. Overall, more men get and probably die from cancer.

I’m not sure why you, or Alram, only looked at reproductive system cancers.

I was responding specifically to Alarm's point, about the imbalance of moneys between the reproductive cancers, ie, cancers specific to men and women.

If you look at all other types of cancers, the only ones of difference between the sexes *ARE* the sex based cancers.

As to the 50+ conversation, the number of deaths due to cancer as life expectancy has increased have likewise increased. The longer you live, the more senescent cells you get which are likely the cells that cause cancers to form (a senescent cells is a cell that had divided so many times that the telomeres are gone and the cell automatically stops dividing, but it doesn't die off like it should). So in this case, you would expcet both men and women to roughly equal out.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gender Discrimination in Government Funding for Cancer Research - by Lissa - 11-14-2017, 03:31 AM