Necromancer Q's
Quote:- first max out Raise Skel
- then max out Skel Mastery
- everything else is a matter of taste, but a maxed out CE never hurts. You, that is.

What about Amplify Damage? More than 1-point, or will +skill items make a big difference? I'm level 22 right now and getting totally owned in Act 3 and it seems like my skeletons are dying faster than I can revive them. I've never played such a micro-manageable build as the summoner Necromancer - I'm constantly hitting hotkeys for Raise Skeleton, Skeletal Mage, Amplify Damage, Corpse Explosion, Golem, drink health potion, drink mana potion; it's insane! Watching other Necromancers, I thought I just had kick back and let my minions do the rest -hah!

Quote:20 Revive is overkill. They last just three minutes. Even if you have enough monster corpses around which are worth reviving (instead of making Skels out of them or blowing them up CE-wise) the first summoned will soonly expire after you've summoned the twentieth. Plus the Revives tend to hang back unless you use Portals/Teleport.

Depending on equip I'd use all other summon spells besides RS&SM (maybe RSM as well) on sLvl1, since it is fairly easy to get about +5 via equipment from scratch.

So 1 point into Revive is okay with +skill items? I was considering just putting 6-points into it in case I didn't have any items with +skills on them (same with Summon Resists).

What about Skeletal Mage? I was looking at their damage output and it's not that great and their health is very low. I don't know if it's worth investing fully into them - either 1-point or 20-points, no real middle ground IMO. You see, my MAIN PROBLEM thus far has been the initial killing monsters for their corpses. I thought if I invested into damage for an Iron Golem, he could kill stuff for me to raise, but apparently that doesn't work too well. And my damage is pathetic, to say the least. I honestly can't imagine how I'll survive Hell if I can't even get through Act 3, yet alone most of Act 2, by myself.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Necromancer Q's - by Taem - 05-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Necromancer Q's - by librarian - 05-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Necromancer Q's - by Taem - 05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Necromancer Q's - by librarian - 05-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Necromancer Q's - by Assur - 05-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Necromancer Q's - by Archon_Wing - 05-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Necromancer Q's - by Taem - 05-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Necromancer Q's - by Archon_Wing - 05-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Necromancer Q's - by Assur - 05-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Necromancer Q's - by Taem - 05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Necromancer Q's - by Archon_Wing - 05-15-2008, 09:57 PM