battle.net User Name Issue
E-mail to Blizzard Support:
Quote:Hello!

It seems that Blizzard has changed the policy regarding username characters. Since 1996 (maybe '97) I have created D1 characters with leading "."s (.Rena being the first, .Bailey[NM] being the most recent). As of this past weekend I was unable to create an account for my youngest character, .Barnaby[WM] as I used "one or more illegal characters in the username." I've posted on the Lurker Lounge about this, but wanted to ask that you reconsider this policy. Any character without a leading . is...well, just any other character.

If you know of a work-around for this I'd be most grateful.

Have a pleasant day,
.plaid

kend.support@blizzard.com's reply:
Quote:Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support. Some characters that were previously allowed are no longer available for use in creating accounts. New Battle.net account names are now restricted to just letters (A through Z), numbers (0 through 9) and the symbols - _ . ( ) [ ].

We are reserving other symbols for exclusive use by Battle.net. In addition names cannot start with a punctuation mark (- _ . ( ) [ ]), nor can names have adjacent punctuation marks.

If you have any Technical Issues, feel free to give me an e-mail.

Best Regards,

Kenneth
Blizzard Entertainment
Technical Support
http://www.blizzard.com/support

Nuts. I guess it's dotBarnaby[WM] then...the whole interweb devolved a little today.

Messages In This Thread
battle.net User Name Issue - by .Plaid - 08-19-2007, 10:08 PM
battle.net User Name Issue - by Arkain - 08-20-2007, 10:27 AM
battle.net User Name Issue - by Jarulf - 08-20-2007, 03:29 PM
battle.net User Name Issue - by .Plaid - 08-23-2007, 05:29 AM
battle.net User Name Issue - by [vL]Kp - 08-25-2007, 05:06 PM
battle.net User Name Issue - by the Langolier - 08-25-2007, 10:32 PM
battle.net User Name Issue - by Nystul - 08-26-2007, 12:18 AM